Friday, October 3, 2008

TGIF!


I survived my trip to the oral surgeon! I am very thankful that is over. Now to heal! I don't know about you, but when my mouth hurts, I am miserable and cant think about anything else. I really hated to lose the tooth, but had no choice.

Anyway, I was able to get some more work done on my page for October. I tried a couple different things with this page. I learned how to add texture by using 3 beads at a time to make the bark of the tree look more textural and realistic. I also used some size 8 beads and instead of stringing them on the thread and laying them flat, I attached them 1 at a time and put a size 15 bead and went back through the size 8 so it lays flat. I really like this look. I am really learning lots as I go along on this journey! Have a wonderful weekend, I will try to do the same!

8 comments:

K Hutchinson said...

So glad that your are doing ok with the tooth pulling! Your piece is looking so gorgeous! I love the textures! I clicked on the photo to see the details! Love you!

pam T said...

O Tracey, this is looking great! I really like your page! LOVE your tree and the background swirlies.... :)

Lynn said...

Thanks for your interest in Twigs (aka Patience)! I love the way your moon colors blend into each other and the contrast of that spooky sky is going to just make it pop. Can't wait for the next progress pic! Hugs back at ya!!

Jacqui said...

Your piece is looking wonderful and yes,using different size beads is a great idea

Glad the trip to the oral surgeon when well and that you are on the road to recovery

Betty said...

I love your piece, keep up the good work.

GraceBeading said...

It's coming along beautifully! I'm excited to see it finished, it will be stunning.

huntla1 said...

Glad you're feeling better. Wow, I am just mesmerized by watching these pages come together. I just found your blog last month, so watching Comedy and Tragedy was my first experience. These are just beautiful and the work, oh my, I just can't imagine. This is one item that I will have to be inspired and intrigued and satisfied all through you, because I know I lack the patience for this. Beautiful!

Tracey Leeder said...

Thank you everyone! I am pretty happy so far with the progress of this page. Its such a learning experience! i am so glad to have joined the BJP and am so excited to work on my pieces! thanks for your wonderful, encouraging comments! I really appreciate it!