Saturday, January 14, 2012

Scavenger Hunt Sunday 1-15-12

Scavenger Hunt Sunday

Another week has come and gone. The older I get, the faster time goes it seems. The weather here finally matches the season we are in. We got some snow and the highs are in the teens right now. Not the same weather we had on Wednesday when Kim and I went on a nature walk. It was 50 degrees and absolutely beautiful, especially in January in Wisconsin. We took advantage of that for a photo shoot. We are finding less and less interesting subjects to snap, but if we look deep enough and walk far enough, we can still find a couple of "gems" to snap. Sit back and enjoy my nature walk with me. I so enjoy your visit! Here are the photo prompts for this weeks hunt:
1. Stacked Up
2. Winter Wonderland
3. Sweet
4. Hole
5. Frozen
A couple of the prompts worried us a bit considering the weather, like Winter Wonderland, and Frozen. Mother Nature cooperated with us and on Thursday we had a decent snowstorm, so we could finish the Scavenger Hunt with frest photos!
Stacked Up
A stack of fungi on a downed tree.

Winter Wonderland
Delicate little Snowflake
Another one!
Sick of them yet??

Sweet
Oreo Balls, yummy and oh so rich! Made by Jess!

Hole
Perfect hole in a rock.

Frozen
Icicles on my truck
Have a wonderful week and thank you so much for visiting my blog!

16 comments:

Barbara said...

Love the textures in that stack shot, and those snowflakes are so beautiful!

Cedar said...

Oh lovely, lovely photos! The sweet and the stacked up and the snowflakes...All beautiful!

Patrice said...

Wow...great shots!

Lynn said...

I never get sick of snowflakes. Umm, wait, let me re-phrase that. I never get sick of your snowflake pictures. Yeah, yeah, that's what I meant to say lol

Such fun these hunts are! Thanks for bringing us along :)

Anonymous said...

All your shots are so gorgeous! I love stacked, the rich colors and lighting = pretty! Of course the snowflakes are just totally amazing! The hole in the rock was a great find, love the shadow. I really want oreo ball's now- YUMMY! Such a festive shot! The icicles look so pretty, hard to believe they are hanging on your truck!

Tamar SB said...

Love that stacked up, so different and great! And oreo balls, um wow!

KristiBowmanDesign said...

Absolutely stunning, that snowflake is amazing in it's detail I had to pin it. Beautiful fungus too!

Unknown said...

Stacked up is really ethereal and pretty...especially since they're mushrooms! Beautiful!

Okay, I am blown away by those snowflakes! Amazing! Do you use a macro lens for those?

Ashley Sisk said...

I am so jealous of those snowflakes...amazing!

Brianne said...

Love the snowflakes!!

Andrea Dawn said...

Stacked up is my favourite, but the snowflakes are so pretty too.

Christine E-E said...

wow - are those real snowflakes? living in California (along the ocean) I don't think I've really had a chance to see them up close & personal. Awesome set of pics this week.

Wendy said...

Wow...awesome pictures...my favorite is the fungi picture! Super job!

Valeria said...

Nice set. I love the snowflakes.

BF said...

Were those real snowflakes? They are really pretty! Nice shots.

Shady Gardener said...

Creative post! Love the cute snowflake photos. :-)