Sunday, July 3, 2011

I Heart Macro 7-3-11




My second entry in the I heart Macro series. I found this Japanese Beetle on my Geraniums, and even thought I am aware it is a pest, I think the iridescent colors of the bug are beautiful! I think the detail on the bug is incredible, something I didn't notice with my naked eye. I am loving my new camera. I believe I took this picture from around an inch away. Look at the detail on the leaf itself. Head on over to Studio Waterstone to see the other entries. While you are there, take a peek at all the lovely things Lori creates.


5 comments:

Kym Hunter Designs said...

Wonderful critter shot! Have a great day!

Holly said...

I agree with you - pest though they may be, Japanese Beetles are pretty cool looking! Great shot :)

Annette said...

It's incredible how much detail you see up close. But this is the only way I want to be up close to a bug!

Crazy Mama said...

the bug is interesting, yes, but what i am more fascinated by is the detail of texture on the leaf. you can see the slight fuzzy feel of it, and i just want to reach out and touch it. amazing that one can get a photo with such minute detail.

kimmykats said...

Aren't bugs so colorful?? Maybe because we hate them so bad they had to be pretty?