Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Coming Along!




My February page is moving right along. I am pretty happy with how it is turning out. Once again, its been a learning experience. I used the prettiest shade of Burgundy in this piece. BIG mistake! Just the moisture from lotion I used on my hands made the color bleed off on my page. I was so mad! I had to tear a bunch of it out and redo. I did leave very small amounts of the offending color on my page. I hope it will be ok. Yikes! I know, test for colorfastness. Lesson learned which is what this process is all about right? RIGHT! I wont be making that mistake again. So, you are probably wondering why I haven't started anything in the center of my heart, right? Well, you will have to stay tuned to see as Lynn said "What fills my Heart" It could be interesting, or could be a huge flop. You never can tell. Stay tuned for the plan....

9 comments:

dochoamom said...

Glad you are feeling better Tracey... This looks great.. Hm... what could be in your heart?

Love, Deb

Anonymous said...

Oh my this is coming along great! Love the colors. I can't wait to see what fills your heart! I have lots of ideas on what it could be! SMILE! xoxo

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

This is so pretty. Knowing you, we will be surprised to see whats in your heart. Beautiful beading!

courtney6188 said...

Its turning out great..I love it :)

TMprod SEO said...

Your family is wonderful - the Pei are great pets. Take a look at http://www.sharpeinfo.com to learn more about them and connect with other Shar Pei owners

Lynn said...

This is such a happy page! I can't believe your color ran - what a drag, I hate having to rip out :(

Thanks for the link, my friend ;)

Jacquie said...

Love the delicate pinks in this, and I love a mystery! I wonder if what fills your heart is what I'm thinking it is hmmmm.

Anonymous said...

its looking gorgeous!

Ellen said...

Hi Tracey, good to know you are feeling better ;)

I love your heart & I'm looking forward to seeing what is in your heart - at a rough guess I'd say lots of love!

How sucky to have the colour come off your beads - been there done that & I now use a small piece of ultra suede to hold onto my beadwork where my fingers touch the beads