Thursday, September 18, 2008

FINISHED!!!


Wow! I can hardly believe it myself I AM DONE!! What a great feeling. I am pretty pleased with how it turned out. Not thrilled, but pleased. I wonder why the square looks so off in my pictures? Anyone have a clue? In person it looks nice and square. In the pictures it looks askew. Oh well! I have no control over that, it is what it is. Its a beautiful day here today. 70's, sunny. the cicadas are buzzing outside. I am loving my husband being back to work too! I have so much free time to do whatever I want, or nothing I don't want to do either.

SO! The next thing for me to do is figure out what I want to do for my next page. I have made myself a promise, and that is NOTHING sad for this one. After doing my Fathers page and then the last one being 1/2 gloomy I need happy! I think I will do a Halloween page! I love orange, black and scary so it will be perfect. I will try to sketch it out today and post it tomorrow. Wish me luck! Also, I will be doing a give away tomorrow (Friday) nothing too fancy but free never the less! Watch for that as well. All you will have to do is leave a comment with your name.....More tomorrow! Happy Thursday everyone!

13 comments:

K Hutchinson said...

Oh Tracey, this page turned out so amazing! The colors the lines. It has great composition. I can't wait to see what you do for Halloween! Yippee that you have some more free time ;)xoxox

heidibeads said...

Great Page! Don't worry about being askew, I think we all are oh, I mean the pages! Kim h is right - it's great composition and I like the colors.

Marty S said...

Very original! I truly admire those who can make "pictures" with their beads.
Marty S
Crackpot Beader

Robin said...

I just read your entire blog right back to your very first post... and enjoyed it very much! Congratulations you are doing great, both at bead embroidery and blogging!!!! I love your page and the way it shows the opposite emotions in so many different ways. Your first page about your Dad is really super too. Bravo!!!

About the photo, it's because of the camera angle. Sometimes it looks like you're square on target in the viewfinder, but if it's not exactly on, you'll get distortion like this. It can be fixed in Photoshop, but most of us are pretty used to making a visual adjustment, particularly if you tell us the shape it's supposed to be.

Robin A.

huntla1 said...

I am not an expert by any means, but I think you can be fully thrilled! This is fabulous! I have no idea how you could do this in beads. I can see it completed in all its glory, but I still can hardly believe it! Give yourself a huge, old pat on the back. You deserve it!

pam T said...

Tracey - your page turned out fabulous! Love the colors!

pam T (WI)

Tracey Leeder said...

WOW thanks everyone! The comments you have all left truly make my heart burst! I want to thank you all for all the support and kind words. It really makes me happy to know there are people who actually appreciate what I am trying to do with this year long process. Thank you Robin for the wonderful idea of the BJP. I am thrilled to be a part of it!

KV said...

This has been a fun page to watch develop, Tracey -- it turned out beautifully!


Kathy V in NM

Timaree said...

I love it. I like the brighter side the best - lol. You worried you wouldn't be able to do bead embroidery? I signed up to follow as I think your blog will be fun to keep up with.

I take pictures of my pages and if I lay them on a chair in front of the window I have to take into account the slant of the chair. Tilt your camera till it looks square and see how it comes out. It still turned out nice and clear.

Lillian said...

Hi Tracey,

Your page says so much of what you've been going through and I appreciate you sharing it with us :o)

Lillian in WA

soe said...

Beautiful! You didn't step into the pitfalls that I did (much to much going on on my page). The composition is good, beautifull colours.

soe

CC said...

Really great page! I think you are going to have a fun year!!! And we're gonna have fun watching your progress!
Warmest aloha,
CC
http://hrhcc.blogspot.com/

Jose said...

Gorgeous work, just love those colours
Jose