Monday, May 11, 2009

A Hunting We Will Go....


Asparagus hunting that is! Before my hubby went to work today, we went looking for asparagus. We didn't have lots of success, but we did manage to find a couple spears. I think we must be a little late because much of what we found had gone to seed already. The largest spear in this photo is a whopping 26" tall! I have never seen one that tall before, then again I havent looked for asparagus since I was a teen. All I know is that its going to be part of my dinner tonight. Hopefully its yummy!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Mothers Day. I sure did. My girls came over, Jess, Courtney and Kileigh, along with Jessica's hubby Mike. Courtney's hubby Brandon called too. I was surprised about that since he is in the process of being deployed. Courtney gave me a lovely card and Mom plaque, Jess and Mike gave me a beautiful slate stone for my garden and a coffee mug (love my tea) and a sweet card too! We had dinner and a jello cake for dessert. YUMMY! I love spending time with all of them. Its gift enough just to have them here. Hugs to everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day! So glad you had a nice Mother's Day! Hope your dinner is yummy! We found some morels yesterday! OH SO YUMMY!