Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Circle of Life.....COMPLETE!







I am so happy to tell you that my April Bead Journal Project is complete! I am very happy with how it turned out. I love the simplicity of the piece with only 3 colors of beads. Well actually 3 colors but 9 varying shades of the 3 colors. I know the background looks like its gray, but in actuality its a color called Opal Lilac. I love it. I knew when I started, that I wanted a fairly neutral background color, When i saw this color, I knew it was perfect. I also knew I wanted to use the trees I used, but not in their original state. My hubby spray painted one black and another white as they were brown to begin with. I wanted a very graphic piece, different than the colorful pieces I usually do. I think I succeeded! I am still rather behind, but hope to work lots this next couple of weeks and my husband is working quite a bit of overtime. We will see what the next couple of weeks brings. Hope everyone out there is happy and healthy! Everyone here is doing great. We spent lots of family time this past weekend and I loved every minute of it.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOWZERS this is GORGEOUS! I love the three colors and how they work together! It is a very graphic piece- LOVE IT!!!!!

Bobi said...

This is absolutely STUNNING!! I love the graphic quality. I am also very fond of trees and black and white ... Just wonderful! Glad you are feeling better too. :)

Bobi

flyingbeader said...

WOW, that is absolutely lovely.

dot

Marty S said...

What a stunning piece you put together with limited colors!
Marty S
Crackpot Beader

Beading Butterfly said...

This turned out absolutely beautiful!! Amazing, amazing!

Kassie

Brenda said...

Awe-inspiring, I think the piece lives up to your expectations.
You should be so proud!

Anne Marie - Toronto said...

This is a very graphic and lovely piece. It's so nice to see that you were able to stick to your simple colour scheme.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Hi Tracey

You have certainly created another beautiful page. I love how the tree is a mirror image. Where did you learn all your tricks!

a2susan said...

I have to agree with everyone and say that your piece is absolutely stunning. In its simplicity lies its beauty.

Robin said...

The design quality of this one is excellent.. stunning effect! It captures the yin and yang aspects of life and the lower section looks like it could be the roots of the upper section... so there are many possible interpretations. That contributes to how compelling it is for me. Along with others of yours, I've added it to my collection of BJP favorites! I also just finished April, but haven't photographed it yet... have to wait for an overcast day. However, I'm NOT complaining about our sunshine. Congratulations on a fabulous piece! Robin A.

huntla1 said...

Fabulous!! I must have been under a rock because I remember the last I saw of this it had about three black beads and one white. And here it is complete and all beautiful!

robin michelle said...

This is just beautiful! I can't stop looking at it!

Lynn said...

My favorite!!!!! So dramatic - just excellent

Susan Elliott said...

Tracey, this piece is STRIKING in its overall impact and design. You have really created a beautiful piece and I don't feel like it's a black/white piece at all (though it IS)...It appears to me to have more depth than just a black/white piece which is brilliant really. I LOVE LOVE LOVE those trees -- good painting job hubby!

Unknown said...

so glad to find all the wonderful blogs your work is just amazing..
out visiting
mona & the gaffer girls

pam T said...

WOWEE Tracey! This is absolutely incredible. My jaw dropped in my lap when I saw it! Huge pat on the back and an "atta girl" for you! very incredible with the "few" colors you used. Really really love this!

Betty said...

Oh How beautiful. I love it. Can't wait til my daughter comes to visit to show it to her. She will also love it.

Mountain Salt Studio said...

stunning
simply stunning.

diane

Padparadscha said...

Stunning !