Friday, February 8, 2013

Nurture Photography Week 2

This weeks prompt for Nurture Photography is WHITE/MINIMALISM. I could do the obvious and post a picture of all of the snow we have been getting. Nah! Instead I am posting this shot of Graveyard Head Stones! I really like this shot. I like the depth of field, the bokeh, the gray skies. The original color of the stone is white. They are well weathered and the patina is so pretty, despite the subject matter. These graves were dated in the early 1800's. What a difference between them and the marble headstones used today. Thanks for stopping by!

WHITE/MINIMALISM

5 comments:

Anne U @ hot coffee mama said...

Awesome depth of field and focus.

Pieni Lintu said...

Great shot!

Pam said...

WOW really nice picture love the subject matter and depth of field also.

Adrienne said...

Beautiful! I visited several graveyards this fall to shoot foliage, and ended up more fascinated by the statues. Just thought the other day that I should take a trip back now that there's so much snow. After seeing this, I'm inspired!

Kristi Bonney said...

I love old graveyards. The headstones and ornaments have so much character.

Thank you for joining us in the Nurture Photography Challenge! We'll be moving on to a new prompt on Friday: Silver/Treasure.