Saturday, March 24, 2012

I Heart Macro 3-25-12

studio waterstone
It was another great week weather wise. Nice and warm and sunny. We started out the day at a little cafe on our airport grounds with Jess, Ethan and Kileigh. They have wonderful breakfasts, and the little ones can watch the planes land while eating. Not too much action for planes that day, but as we were getting ready to leave a little Air Force plane landed and the pilot asked us if the little ones wanted to sit in the plane. He was so nice to them and they loved it. After that,  Kim and I decided to spend yet another day hiking at JSOL in Janesville. JSOL is short for Janesville School Outdoor Lab. It is a heavily wooded area with hiking trails. You can get a good cardiovascular workout, which Kim and I can attest to! This area is known for several rare species of birds, butterflies and plants. We spent some nice quiet time by the creek that runs through it, eating our snacks, chatting and checking each other for ticks. We found 5 that day, none attached but still creepy! Despite this, it is truly a paradise for nature lovers. All of my shots are from that day. If you look at Kims blog, you may see some similar shots!! Have a wonderful week and thank you for visiting!
 We almost missed these sweet little wildflowers.
 Last years berries with this years new growth.
 Another wildflower. I need a book to be able to identify them!
 Tiny little hopper of some sort.
 Ants!
 I think this almost looks like a watercolor painting.
Sweet little tiny bee.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my heavens, the colors and details in your shots are amazing! It is just breathing to see just gorgeous flowers all ready. They really do look like watercolors! That tiny little bee is awesome! I need another JSOL fix! Love you bunches!

EB Bead and Metal Works, LLC said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time at the airport and the nature walk. Love the pics of all the flowers - especially the one with the ant.
Have a great one!

Therese's Treasures said...

Hi Tracey,
I can remember as a child my Grandpap taking us kids to the airport to watch the planes, it was always a fun time. Love your shots of all the flowers and insects. Enjoy the spring time while it lasts.
Therese

Shel said...

Amazing photography - as always! I love the wild flowers - so perfect! I too hate ticks,...my sis and I dug one from her hubby's head a few years back,..it was hilarious!! (for us,...not him!) :)

Sharyl said...

Lovely, lovely photos! I loved the white blossoms in the shots both of you took. I think you commented on hers how you ended up with some very different shots too though, and you did! I'm all for those red berries hanging on the tree too!

Note to self: Go on nature walk!

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

Delightful captures, a lovely variety too.

Kim, USA said...

I so love your macro shots!

Buds

~✽Mumsy✽~ said...

Beautiful macro shots of wild flowers, critters, and colorful too!

genie said...

Great macro shots of the bugs and the flowers. Your white ones remind me of the bloodroot we have here. The blooms are similar. Bloodroot is close to the ground, white, and a yellow center. Beautiful photos. genie