Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Good Morning!

I am continuing the bugle bead path from last months piece.
I like the affect of the circle around the Rivoli, It makes it much more dramatic!


Both pieces together.

I hope everyone out there in Cyber Space is having a wonderful day! I am so happy to be able to update my blog once again. As you can see, I am doing my 2010 Bead Journal Page as one complete piece. I chose the pie shape because I thought it would be pretty framed! I also like that fact that the finished piece will have much more impact than several smaller pieces would have. I have completed January in lovely garnet shades, and am working on February in shades of Amethyst. I will be using a 14mm Swarovski Rivoli in the appropriate Birthstone color for each month. I think its going to be pretty! One thing I like about the choice I made, is that it is forcing me to use colors I wouldn't ordinarily use such as purple and reds! I have such a comfort zone with blacks, earthy tones and blues. I rarely stray from these colors! I also like that I am building my bead stash with many new shades to go along with each months colorway! So exciting!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so gorgeous! I love that it is one piece and is going to be beautiful framed! LOVE IT! hugs and love!

Marty S said...

I love the way you are continuing the bugle bead path. This is going to be fabulous when all parts are finished.
Marty S
Crackpot Beader

Bobbi Ann said...

Hi, Oh my goodness is this beautiful! I love the way you continued the bugle bead path, gosh...I love everything about this! Fantastic piece and when it's done, Wowww!
I hope that you have a wonderful day!
Hugs and happy beading...
Bobbi

Everything Pretty said...

some really delicate work!

Lynn said...

You have such a fantastic eye for color combinations! These amethyst colors are gorgeous. I just love this idea of the birthstone circle.

Hugs to you and all your lovies!

Unknown said...

As everyone has said, absolutely gorgeous piece!! Your work is just stunning, I love seeing the two together. The continued bugle path tied them together so well.

robin michelle said...

Like everyone else I love the bugle bead path! This is so pretty, it's such a long wait to see it completed though!

Terri said...

This is going to be absolutely exquisite when you are done!

Penny said...

I love that you're using colors you don't usually use - something that is VERY difficult for me. This is going to be magnificent when it is finished.

Didi-beadwork said...

Wow - this is going to be so stunning. I can't wait until christmas.
Diane NZ

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful piece. And what a good idea to incorporate them all together. What do you use as a base to embroider on?

Timaree said...

It's looking really nice and I think a single piece is a good way to go.

clew said...

Lovely beadwork! :)) I'll be peeking back for progress ~~

xo clew