Wednesday, August 19, 2009

May BJP is DONE!!











Well! After a month (or more) of teasing you about my May BJP, I can finally show the end result! I wanted to do this page about my beautiful daughter Jessica and her pregnancy. This pregnancy so far, has been a difficult one with many trials and tribulations. I know in the end, it will all be worthwhile, but its been tough on Jess and Mike and the extended family as well! I don't want to go into too many details here, but Jess is at the 26 week mark and on bed rest. Little baby Bun thinks he needs to come into this world to early, and we want him to stay put for another 6 weeks or so! We are all doing our parts with keeping Jess company while Mike is at work, doing housework and cooking too. That's what families do when the going gets rough right?




So now about the page for May! I wanted to test myself a bit on this one. I wanted to learn how to set a cab in beads, so I set both a "Bun" cab face as well as one to represent Jess. Then the problem was how to sew it onto my page. I also wanted to use a color I don't normally use a lot of - purple! Jess has always had the nickname "J of the B" since she was a little girl. When she asked what the "B" stood for, either her dad or I said "butterflies" so I wanted to represent this in her page as well. I looked through my stash of beads and found these really pretty butterflies in purple and the color palette was born! I wanted the background to be soft and unobtrusive, so I picked this palest of gray color and for drama, selected the dark oily purple tones in the leaves and flowers. I used a dark grape for the vines, and some swarovski crystal flowers for some sparkle. The only time I strayed from this color palette, was when I used the baby blue around the bun cab (because hes a boy after all) and to represent Jess's beautiful auburn hair. The quote at the bottom reads "Mothers and daughters are closest, when daughters become mothers" Very fitting, dont you think?

13 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Yes, how right you are. The page is a perfect expression of this event.

I hope all goes well for Jess and Bun. I feel sure it will.

Much love to you and your family Tracey. These events are the ties that bind.

Anonymous said...

This is one of the most touching and inspirational posts I've seen. Thank you for sharing, so very much. Many good thoughts for your family as the weeks count down...

huntla1 said...

Gosh I don't even know what to say. The piece is beautiful and done to perfection as all of your pieces are, but this one is so much more. I hope all goes well in the next six weeks. I know this can be a very scary time. I hope God works his magic on little Bun.

a2susan said...

As difficult as the pregnancy has been, your piece seems so peaceful. It just flows beautifully, the colors, the shape of the bead embroidery, the baby in the mother.

Jess and bun, plus hubby will be in my thoughts.

Marty S said...

What a lovely page! I wish all the best to that little baby and his family.
Marty S
Crackpot Beader

Susan Elliott said...

So much symbolism in this piece. I'm wondering who has the red hair...you, Jess or Bun?? I felt the whole circle of life and how one person begets another. I wish your family all the best in the days ahead. I think your piece is radiating Peace which is where you all need to be right now. Great work on all fronts...including the beading....

pam T said...

This is stunning Tracey. I can tell it was a labor of love! WOW. best wishes and lots of prayers for your daughter.

KV said...

Awesome page, Tracey! Please keep us posted on your daughter's progress . . .


Kathy V in NM

Padparadscha said...

Wow, this is very delicate and beautiful !

Barb said...

What a beautiful and meaningful piece. My "baby" is going off to college tomorrow, so it made me a little teary, but in a good way. Beautiful.

Lynn said...

You have out done yourself girl! Its awesome. The colors, the layout, the expert stitching. I bet Jess loves it too. Hugs to you and yours.

Muriel said...

Beautiful and touching. Best whishes to you and your family

Robin said...

I don't know how I missed this post, Tracey... very, very glad to have found it by scrolling down from your Love piece.

I'm in awe of your beading and how you get the point across so beautifully and modestly. This piece speaks to all women in all ages. A cave woman would understand it and so would a female rocket scientist of the 21st Century. Besides that, it's very personal and close to your own heart. As for me, well it makes me grieve a little for the children I never had and the missing togetherness with my mother because of it. Thank you!