Thursday, February 26, 2009

I survived turning 50!!




YAY! I did it! I am now 50 and completely over it. I don't know why I had myself all worked up. I feel the same today as i did Tuesday when I was 49. Crazy woman! I had a wonderful day. Lots of calls, text messages and cards. Heard from my 2 nephews in Texas which was great. Courtney and Kileigh spent the day with me. We had ribs and baked potatoes which was a treat since I have been dieting since November. It tasted like a million bucks. Now back to reality and eating healthy. I actually bought a small Birthday Cake and am very proud to say I ate maybe a 2"X2" piece and am going to throw the rest away. Wasteful, yes, but I needed something sweet and I had it and am done with it. I would rather have a big piece of fresh pineapple than another piece of cake. Maybe I am finally getting it about eating healthy and your body being a temple and all that gobbildy-gook!


Anyway, still have my December page set aside for decisions at a later date. Here is the progress on February. I am doing this piece in all Pinks, Raspberries, gilt-lined opal type colors. I am adding a splash of gold too! So far, so good. I have big plans for the inside of the heart...stay tuned for that! I hope to keep moving along on this one because I have plans in mind for March and am chomping at the bit to get to work on that one! First things first though. One bead at a time! Hugs to everyone and thanks for all the well-wishes and Happy Birthday wishes too!

9 comments:

runningonink said...

I am so glad that you had a wonderful Birthday! Age is only a number! Your hear is gorgeous! Such pretty colors! xoxo

Lynn said...

Happy Birthday! And remember what I always say: How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are??

Love the February page so far!

Carol said...

Gosh I'm sorry I didn't know it was your birthday. I am glad you had a good day and more will power that I have!!

Your heart is so absolutely beautiful. Your beading is perfection.

Funny, Lynn's saying is the same as mine. Its a Satchel Paige quote.

My age has never bothered me...well there was that one Maybelline commerical back in the 70's. I wasn't 30 yet and they were adverising foundation for skin over 26!!! Imagine!! 26!! I went nuts! My husband still talks about that now.

But, when I last went to the Dr. he said that I have aged better than any other patient he has. I attribute that to no smoking, Noxema and Avon moisturizer! And lots of love. And my grandkids. And my dogs. And I swear by 2 pots of coffe a day. LOL

Chris said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you enjoyed your cake. I've been dieting for a while and I'm starting dream of sweets

Jacquie said...

Tracy, Happy Birthday, sorry it's late!!! My sister surprised me with a male dancer for mine, all with my husband, mom, nieces and nephews etc...all around...How em-bar-ass-ing!!!!!!!! Hope it was a good one! And Memorable!

Beading Butterfly said...

This is going to be absolutely beautiful!!

pam T said...

Oh happy birthday, Tracey! You made it to a milestone and beyond! I'm so impressed that you only ate a small piece of cake - wow - put cake in front of me and it's gone!
Your February page is going to be gorgeous, as all of them!

Campbell said...

Congratulations!!

I'll be joining your "box" next year...49 in a couple of months, and I am looking forward to the next half of my life with great anticipation. First grandchild is due in June, 5 more years of kids in high school, then hubby and I will be empty nesters, going back to school this fall to complete my degree and begin a new career as a teacher...life is good.

Enjoy every second of 50-you deserve it!!

Anna

cats said...

I'd say you're doing a little better than just "surviving". I love your perspective on the whole thing! Kudos.

It also reminded me of a story that Polly and Jane sent in. They are an absolute stitch, going back and forth about what it means to look/feel/act "your age" (whatever that means).

Check it out here:
ahamoment.com/pg/moments/view/236

Hope you enjoy it!
-Mike
mike@ahamoment.com