Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Horicon Marsh 8-11-14

Took a trip last Monday to Horicon Marsh in Horicon WI. It was my first time there, and I have to say I was blown away! If at all possible, GO! To think that I saw well over 40 species of birds in a short time and  added 9 or more life birds to my lifelist in the middle of summer is pretty amazing. I hope to be able to go back for spring migration. The marsh itself is over 33,000 acres of wetland. There are so many places to go, I couldnt possibly do it all in one day. I spent some time in a photo blind that I had reserved for the day. It was a little slow, so I hit some of the trails, the floating boardwalk and gift shops, a couple Nature Centers and took a drive through the 3 mile Auto tour. Here are some of my pictures from that day.

Black Tern (life list bird)

Yellow-headed Blackbird (life list bird)

Common Gullinule (life list bird)

Northern Waterthrush (life list bird)

Trumpeter Swan (life list bird)

Great Blue Heron

There you have it!! I will post the other half soon.....




3 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Gorgeous collection and variety of birds and photos.. My favorite is the Tern. I have been wanting to see one myself for a long time.. Happy weekend!

Shroo said...

Hi! Just discovered your blog thanks to 'Beads and Birds' blog favourite's list. I just adore your photography and am happily becoming a follower! I look forward to spending more time here with your wonderful posts - hugs from Shroo:)xxx

Unknown said...

hi ducky its me kileigh i love your page